(1) To see if the thickness of the warp and weft lines […]
(1) To see if the thickness of the warp and weft lines is uniform. If the longitude and latitude are too uniform, it may be cotton fabric.
(2) Check the density of taut wove woven.
(3) High quality raw linen is brown, luster, water absorption uniform. The flax is not good, the linen is treated as a soft fiber, and the water is not uniform, and it will be darkened after wetting.
(4) The outside worsted linen, the less the surface, the less the better.
(5) The longitudinal and transverse tightness of hemp linen is different.
(6) Pull a thread, if there is a bending and branching at both ends, the line is a cotton thread. The broken ends of linen should be smooth, otherwise impure.
(7) If the caustic soda water is painted on the canvas, the linen will be brown and yellow, and the cotton cloth is light yellow.